Thinking of starting an online business? Today we are discussing a very simple online business that anyone can start. The best thing about this business is that you don’t need to be tech-savvy. You just need basic computer skills, Internet connection, and basic writing skills.
During childhood days your grandma, even mama would have told you stories about the power of unity and strength. Here we need to apply the same principle for online business.
I am going to elaborate on everything Step-by-Step. This new business guide is going to be a little bit longer, make sure you don’t miss out any part.
The best thing about this business is that you don’t need to invest much time and money. Sounds interesting? Without further ado, let’s get started with multiple blogs online business.
Turn your passion into a business. Blogging as a business is a very interesting job that many people choose every day to live out their passion and also earn money. Instagram is a very popular social platform for high fame bloggers.
The established bloggers even get collaboration deals from big companies for sponsored blog posts and standard publisher ads for monetization. You may be amazed to know that there are many ‘digital nomads’ who get full expenses coverage for traveling around the world from travel companies.
Before starting the blog business choose the niche where all your passion lies. Many people choose attorney or acne niche for blogging looking to make some big cash from ad clicks.
Since they are not aware of the technical terms of the niche so they land with either providing wrong information and their Adsense publisher account also gets locked. As a smart blogger stay away from these short term destructive blogging motives.
Why did we say multiple blog business?
Multiple blogs use the power of amplification.
When you have a single blog you may earn an average of $10-$20 every month as a newbie but imagine you have 10 blogs then the average monetization can go $1000 a month. Crazy?
Right now, you don’t need to get fantasized by the figures, you need to choose a good niche, write quality contents, write regularly, and most importantly promote your blog. After all, visitors can only make your blogs a hit or miss.
Now, let us dive into the easiest method to set up your own multiple blog business. Here we are not considering PBN (private blog network) or multi-site WordPress blogging, as this is something for advanced users.
We are considering normal blogs in multiple quantities that can be easily set-up and they will work as independent blog businesses. We need to have separate installation for each blog and separate databases too. Don’t worry it’s easy to do.
How to set up independent multiple blogs?
WordPress is the best blogging platform, so we have chosen this for our purpose. Before we start with the process, first you need to ensure that you have multiple domain names and a hosting plan that allows at least five add-on domains.
For fast website development purposes, we are going to use our desktop computer as a server. We will be using a popular desktop Apache Server- XAMPP. Once the website is complete we transfer the files to our online server and start publishing articles.
Here Are Some Pre-Steps:
1) Buy a cheap hosting plan and register domain names (at least five domains). As a complete beginner, start with small. For better success ratio you can select domains with .com extension. Use the widget given below to start your domain search.
Find a domain starting at $0.88
powered by Namecheap
2) Next, go to XAMPP to download the desktop server. According to your computer’s OS (operating system), you can select the installation files to download. Windows users should look for the supported version.
3) Install the server on your computer drive. If you want to know more about XAMPP, feel free to check the publisher FAQ link for Windows users. There are FAQ for Linux and FAQ for OS X users, as well.
4) In the installation folders, look out for ‘htdocs’ folder. This is going to be your key folder to play around.
- Inside htdocs create a new folder and give it a name. Let’s say ‘blogone’.
- Go to the browser and download the WordPress latest version.
- Unzip all the files and folders from the WordPress download inside the ‘blogone’ folder.
- Now, you need to start your desktop server. Go to the XAMPP root folder and double click on XAMPP Control Panel. From the panel window, you need to start Apache and MySQL . If it runs properly, it will show the success message at the bottom. Due to port problems sometimes it may not run. In that case, please fix port errors.
- Create a new database that can be done by visiting the phpmyadmin.
- Go to ‘blogone’ folder and rename wp-config-sample file to wp-config.
- Inside the wp-config file, you need to add database name that you created earlier. You also need to add user name (by default it is “root”) and password (leave the password field blank) if you have not created a password in PHPMYADMIN).
Now, type http://localhost/blogone in your browser and the WordPress installation will start. After language selection, you need to add site title, user name and password. Keep the login details safely for reference. The password must be alphanumeric with a combination of special character for security purpose. If you find any difficulty in installation, check back the installation instructions carefully. After installation, you can log-in to your WordPress dashboard.
How to Build a WordPress Blog?
After completing the pre-steps, now let’s move on to blog designing and development part, followed by posting your articles. You can create the first blog in just 2 STEPS.
First Step: Choosing the Theme
- Go to the WordPress dashboard.
- Select appearance >> theme.
- Install a WordPress blog/magazine theme that you might have got.
If you have not got any blog theme then you can either purchase premium themes or you can use the free themes. According to your niche, you need to invest some time, to find really some awesome themes for building an attractive, responsive, and optimized website.
If you have some basic HTML, CSS and PHP knowledge then you can easily customize free themes. Many free theme developers provide lots of customization options in the theme options panel. So, it becomes easy to use free themes. But premium themes have own advantages.
Second Step: Customizing the Theme
The level of customization depends upon the theme you have selected. If you are new to WordPress then you can plan to buy a premium theme. This is a small investment to save yourself from hassles to customize the theme using coding.
The developers provide a wide range of customization and tools to build a website quickly. Some of the features are like easy customization without any coding ( change layout, color, sidebars, ad placement etc), visual page builder, ready-made forms, opt-in newsletter, and social tools.
- Go to the theme options panel.
- Perform the basic customization like add logo, add widget, select site colors, select layout style etc.
- Create two new pages and define front page and blog page from settings>>reading settings.
- Open the front page and start building your website internal layout.
There are two options available:
(a) Use the ready-made block provided by the developer for adding slides, columns, widgets, and headings. This can be done to the front page template defined by the developer.
(b) Want to control the complete layout? Use the visual page builder to build the slide, category wise blogging sections, widgets etc. To use a custom buildup, it is recommended to use a blank template. The visual page builder is generally provided with premium themes.
You need to be creative to design the best-looking blog. Take inspiration from top designer blogs. For designing, all the category pages that you are going to blog will take some time.
Tip- These are going to be content-based sites so don’t make it too fancy. Use a simple design and focus on text contents. It will be helpful in SEO based ranking. Now we have done with customization, it’s time to start posting articles.
How to Post Articles on Blog?
After completing the blog designing task let’s move on to blog posting part. Once you have populated the blog with few articles, we will learn how to upload it to an online server.
First Step: Creating Tags and Categories
- Go to Posts >> Categories and add your blog post categories like fashion, lifestyle, food, tech etc.
- Similarly, go to the Tags section and add some tags related to your niche.
Second Step: Publishing Post
Go to Posts >> Add New.
Add your posts title and contents (Text, Media, Form, Slider etc). DO NOT forget to add categories, tags and featured image.
Publish your post.
Repeat the same steps to add your blog posts. Once you have 5-10 articles ready, you can upload the complete blog to your web server. And while creating your blog post it is always better to do on-page SEO simultaneously.
This will help in building organic support for optimization. To do this, WordPress plugin like Yoast SEO is very helpful.
If you do serious SEO, your site will have more chances of appearing before target readers. Now let’s move on to the next tutorial.
How to transfer web pages to an online server?
Once the site is loaded, it will become live, and your first blog will be ready to excel. Before starting this step export the database of blog you prepared on our desktop server. This can be done from localhost/phpmyadmin. Also make a zip of WordPress files. This can be done from htdocs/blogone.
First Step: Creating Database on your server
- Go to CPanel >> Databases >> MySQL Databases
- Add a new database name
- Add MySQL new user (create user name and password)
- From menu select database and user name
- Add user to database ( Add all privileges)
- Now, go to CPanel >> Databases >> phpMyAdmin
- From the left side select your database
- Click on Import tab and import your database from your computer to Cpanel server database.
- After successful import, click on OPTIONS (left side)
- Here you need to add your domain name address in siteurl and home fields.
- Your database is ready.
Second Step: Migrating WordPress Files to Server
- Go to CPanel >> Files >> File Manager
- In the root/public directory upload the WordPress zip files
- Unzip the file and folders in the public/root directory
- Edit wp-config.php file and add the database, user and password
- In the config file, you also need to add salt keys
Third Step: Testing Your Blog
- Go to your browser and type your blog address
- The new blog will open up (if it doesn’t then check your config file entries. Other reason can be the domain name not propagated or connected to your hosting)
- Now, go to www.sitename.com/wp-admin. Enter your login credentials to reach the dashboard
- Go to settings >> permalinks. Select Post name and save.
- If you have added any manual links then you need to change it to the current web address, otherwise, the link will not work.
Spend some time on your site to check all pages, pictures, and links. You can also proofread post contents for any spelling or grammatical errors.
The development part is complete. Now you need to promote your site to bring traffic. But do remember to add some basic SEO jobs before planning for traffic generation.
When you feel that your blog posts are getting noticed and have some satisfactory traffic, you can apply for Publisher Ad Networks like Google Adsense, Infolinks, Media.net, Amazon Associates etc.
We have not covered SEO and Monetization in this tutorial as the prime motive was to set up your first blog. For enhancing, promoting, and monetizing your blog stay in touch with Business Diary section of the website.
To multiply revenue you need to create multiple blogs on different niches. Based on this tutorial you can make clones of the WordPress blog and connect to different domains. Change logo, theme, internal styles and delete old posts.
Add new posts based on the site niche. Add monetization programs to all blogs. Promote your blogs and very soon you will observe the multiple growths in your revenue.
With blog management tools, you can easily schedule and manage posts easily. Congrats! Your online entrepreneurial journey has begun.
Liked this new online business tutorial? Feel free to share with your friends and family so that they can also start their first online business. Your comments and questions highly appreciated.